Friday, January 3, 2014

Single Dad Christmas

Adam prepared this treat for Santa

We should have taken our 2013 Christmas photos early, because we didn't take any pictures on Christmas Day.  I was in bed with a sinus infection and reoccurring migraine Christmas week and Matt was on his own with the kids.  Matt kept the holiday fun going for Adam and Aurora.  They had a great time opening gifts with Matt and trying out their new toys. 

The day after Christmas Matt took me to urgent care and I was able to get antibiotics.  A couple of days later, I was feeling much better and was able to rejoin the family.  One of the first things I did with the kids was paint.  Aurora has surprised me with how much she enjoys painting or drawing with crayons.  When it's time to take her out of the high chair and let our paintings dry, she cries to get back to painting.  In fact, she whines and cries while I'm trying to set up their paper and paints.  She has no patience at all! 

Painting on left is Berta's, middle is Aurora's and the two on the right are Adam's

Adam's big Christmas gift from us is a Spider Man bike.  A few days after Christmas, Matt assembled the bike and Adam was able to try it out for the first time.  It was so exciting to see him start this new experience.  I loved riding my bike and for me, it symbolized adventure and freedom and whole days of fun and play. 

Go Adam!


Now that I've put a limit on how much overtime I'm working, it seems like I have a lot more time to spend with the kids.  Imagine that!  In these times, I'm trying to think of everyday things that they can do or help with.  Aurora started her first chores with putting toilet paper away (stacking them in the bathroom cabinets) and dusting in the living room.  Both kids really like helping around the house and I'm happy to have the extra bits of time with them.
 
Adam helped make cinnamon rolls for Aurora

Every year for Christmas, we take the kids to pick out an ornament.  I wanted to make sure I captured the year for each of their ornaments before I start to confuse and forget them.

Adam, 2010

 (darn it.  where is 2011?)


Adam, 2012

Aurora, 2012
Adam, 2013


Aurora, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment